Business System Analyst
Location: Remote Opportunity (Canada Wide)
Opportunity at Microserve
Microserve’s internal Operational Excellence Team is growing, and we are looking for a Business System Analyst to join us on a digital transformation journey! In this role, your primary focus will be on identifying gaps in our existing technology, with the goal to evaluate, select, and implement an ERP System comprising of CRP, WMS, and accounting functionality. Your technical analysis and expertise will also be an asset on projects ranging from automation to custom application development.
We’re looking for that special someone who can develop strong working relationships with the organization’s stakeholders, translate business objectives into technical requirements, validate them with process owners, and lead the project team in delivering an end-to-end implementation of the selected information system(s).
If you are skilled in solving complex and large-scale problems, possess strong technical acumen, and can quickly connect the dots between processes, technology, and people, then we want to meet you!
Support technology initiatives (90%)
Lead definition and development of system requirements to support technology and business operations:
- Work with stakeholders to understand business processes and user interactions with the current systems
- Elicit, analyze, understand, and validate the business requirements for changes to information systems, system integrations and interfaces, and system processes
- Compare business processes to system processes translate business requirements to functional and non-functional system and security requirements
- Analyze the user needs, isolating and identifying gaps, to define technical specifications and designs through use cases, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Analyze and suggest system improvements that enhance process efficiency and effectiveness, and reporting accuracy
Recommend future state tools and solutions:
- Assist business with the future-state definition, providing guidance and recommendations for system solutions through a comprehensive evaluation criterion that validates potential solutions, tools, and technology
- Own the RFx vetting process, canvass software solutions and vendors, and coordinate demos
- Inform Steering Committee of proposed scope and impact of change, and summary of prospective software and vendors
Manage, implement, and test new technology:
- Manage ERP implementation, including cross-functional, teams, collaborators, and vendors, during system testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases
- Participate in QA processes; identify test cases and supports development of test plans
- Ensure implementation delivers on technical specifications and meets key success factors
- Monitor and report on testing and implementation progress results, issues, and risks to the Steering Committee
- Use problem and change management processes to address control plan failures
Manage project aspects and other internal initiatives as required:
- Develop project charters and detailed project plans, in collaboration with business units
- Manage project work as planned to ensure deliverables are accomplished and objectives are met
- Regularly update project plans and report project status to project sponsors, project teams, and the OE team. Identify barriers and mitigation plans.
- Coordinate and follow up on tasks and assignments within cross-functional process improvement project teams
- Advise and guide internal stakeholders around project barriers and make recommendations to mitigate risks. Act as a key contact and communication facilitator between internal departments
- Organize, facilitate/lead, and participate in business process workshops with stakeholder groups
Support the Operational Excellence (OE) program (10%):
- Follow and enhance the OE Team’s internal processes and methodology by actively participating in improving operating procedures and helping to establish best practices for project management and execution
- Act as an ambassador of OE to improve organizational culture by raising awareness with internal stakeholders of concepts and tools related to continuous improvement and business process management in general
- Support the OE Manager, team and Microserve business units as required and directed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
We’re looking for someone with:
- Passion for technology and automation
- A strong process mindset and ability to easily document complex processes in simple workflows
- Ability to connect with others and naturally develop trust and strong working relationships
- Curiosity and inquisitiveness, with a genuine interest in finding out how things work
- Leadership and autonomy to self-manage and deliver initiatives
- A deep sense of accountability and ownership
- A desire to be part of team that is incredibly talented and highly collaborative
- Technical background and experience implementing and supporting software applications in business environments.
- Demonstrated experience discovering, collecting, and documenting business requirements and specifications
- Experience with databases, data flows, data modelling, and system architectures
- Prior experience leading or heavy involvement with an ERP implementation project or the software development life cycle
- 2+ year(s) of work experience in software or systems implementation
- 2+ year(s) of work experience in project management roles
- ITIL, Agile Methodology experience
- A relevant university or college degree (or 5+ years of relevant work experience)
- Proficient with O365 including Teams & SharePoint
- Experience in developing project plans and managing projects end-to-end
- Formal information technology accreditation
- Project management certification
- Experience working with ConnectWise is an asset
Employee will understand, meet, and live our core values
Will Sweep Floors, Openness, Flexibility, Not Stuffy, Customer Driven
At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 500 team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
This position is closed and no longer taking applications.
In order to be eligible to apply for any other position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.