IEC-BC is pleased to support employer partners registered on BC JobConnect by posting available jobs on our BC JobConnect blog. If you are an employer or represent an employer interested in posting a job in this space, feel free to reach out with relevant details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a BC JobConnect-registered jobseeker interested in this position or would like more information on the posting, including details about the employer, please send an email to email@example.com indicating your interest and we will inform you of the relevant details.
Foxridge Homes BC is an award-winning division of Qualico®, one of Western Canada’s largest fully integrated, privately owned real estate companies, with over 70 years of experience. Every year, more than 3,000 families across Canada choose Qualico as their homebuilder.
At Foxridge Homes, our focus is on building quality single family homes made possible by our talented team of experienced professionals, most of whom have been with the company for many years. This, coupled with our highly skilled long term trade partners who are all dedicated to offering thoughtfully designed plans, quality materials, and solid value contribute to building a great new single family home with more style, more choice and more value.
As Metro Vancouver’s largest and most trusted single family homebuilder, our communities can be found across the Lower Mainland including Coquitlam, Langley, and South Surrey. To learn more, click here.
At Foxridge Homes, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program and employee home purchase program.
Reporting to the Warranty Manager, as the Warranty/Service Technician you will provide repair services for warrantable items in residential homes, ensuring delivery of excellent service to exceed customer expectations. You also complete required repairs or arrange and schedule trades.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating with the Warranty Team to arrange or schedule customer appointments and provide details on resolution of deficiencies.
• Completing required repairs and quality control inspections or arranging and scheduling trades to complete repairs.
• Accompanying trades on service calls when required, documenting and notifying the Warranty Team of any back charges to be applied to trades.
• Negotiating a mutually agreeable solution for all parties involved to resolve customer concerns and trade disputes.
• Working safely and following all health and safety policies and procedures.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
• A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
• An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
• Mindful; you respect diversity and deal with sensitive situations using high degree of integrity.
• Excellent service oriented; you handle relations with customers, internal and external parties with tact and diplomacy.
• A creative problem solver; you think outside the box for solutions without fear of failure.
• High School Diploma, or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years of home repair experience.
• Valid driver’s licence and driver’s abstract.
• Satisfactory verification of criminal record check and driver’s abstract.
• Physically able to kneel and crouch as well as lift, carry, push or pull objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Prior experience working in the Construction industry would be an asset.
• Basic knowledge of construction practices is preferred.
• Comfortable using carpentry related tools and equipment is preferred.
What We Value
• Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
• Taking responsibility for the outcome of decisions and actions.
• Cooperating with team members in an open, supportive and respectful manner.
• Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
• Consistently meeting customer expectations.
• Staying current with technical job skills.
You primarily work in customer homes during regular business hours. Work has exposure to noise from equipment/machinery as well as dealing with inclement weather and dust. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Closing Date: May 26, 2021