IEC-BC is pleased to support employer partners registered on BC JobConnect by posting available jobs on our BC JobConnect blog. If you are an employer interested in posting a job in this space, feel free to reach out with relevant details at email@example.com.
If you are a BC JobConnect-registered jobseeker interested in this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest as soon as possible, and we will inform you of the relevant application details.
Reports To: General Manager – Operations
Position Type: Operations
- Responsible for overseeing and leading the team responsible for ordering and scheduling plant operations, raw materials, and scheduling and planning outbound freight routes to minimize overall costs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and monitors all logistics management activities required for the timely and efficient transportation and distribution of products to ship to locations
- Coordinates and proactively communicates with internal and external logistics contracts, cross-company functional contacts, as well as suppliers/vendors as needed to ensure a consistent and efficient flow of goods and services (Not responsible for “sourcing” policies)
- Create transportation capacity strategy and develop contingency plans to cost-effectively support varying levels of company sales
- Work with National Materials, Sourcing & Logistics departments to identify opportunities to reduce both inbound and outbound freight costs
- Manage loading dock group to ensure the accurate lading of goods according to approved loading practices to prevent freight damage during transit and ensuring safe truck operation
- Ensures appropriate and cost-effective plans for shipments of incoming and outgoing products/supplies, ensuring timely, efficient, and high-quality delivery.
- Ensure that all raw materials are forecast, planned, and ordered to ensure 100% demand fulfillment in alignment with Corporate Sourcing strategy
- Oversee the creation of the Plant production schedule for all raw materials and finished goods to include major promotions, current orders, and forecast volumes; including data analysis to support this process
- Source materials from local suppliers where National contracts do not exist
- Order all raw materials in a cost effective manner consistent with a make-to-order production environment
- Manage all activities related to Plant scheduling and outbound freight planning
- Manage build out of raw materials to prevent obsolescence due to line change
- Manage safety levels stock allocation within OHM program to avoid shortages and overages of raw materials
- Manage receiving staff to maximize efficiencies and reduce labor costs where possible
- Provide and manage weekly KPI to mgmt. team
- Participate in various daily- weekly- monthly meetings as required
- Plan and analyze daily cycle counts
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Engineering preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams in a project-oriented environment
- Expert ability to influence and effectively communicate with individuals/groups from varied backgrounds and skill levels
- Strong production planning and communication skills both written and verbal
- Should be familiar with specifications, drawings, and bills of materials
- Must be proficient with MS Office (especially Excel)
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Task oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of inventory turns and inventory control policies including cycle counts and layered audit systems
- Operations Manager
- HR Business Partner
- Shipping Supervisor (and unionized team)
- Value Stream Manager
- KPO/Maintenance Manager
- Purchasing Agent
- Up to 25% travel
- Hands on direct leadership in the manufacturing environment; frequent walking the plant floor
- Minimal travel required (to attend company conferences and training).
- Work is primarily active in nature.
- Requires frequent bending and walking of Plant floor.