IEC-BC supports registered employer partners by posting available jobs on our BC JobConnect blog. If you are an employer interested in posting a job in this space, feel free to reach out with relevant details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a BC JobConnect-registered jobseeker interested in this position or would like more information on the posting, including details about how to apply for the position, please send an email to email@example.com indicating your interest and we will inform you of the relevant details.
StreetSide Developments is the multi-family division of Qualico and has developed apartment style, town home style, detached houses and luxury condominiums throughout Western Canada with projects ranging from innovative urban development to historic retrofits. StreetSide Developments operates in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
At StreetSide Developments, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program and employee home purchase program.
Reporting to the Director, Construction, as the Carpenter you will perform carpentry activities on residential construction sites. You also assist in ensuring construction of homes follows established design and quality.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Reading and interpreting project drawings and specifications, ensuring construction complies with building and safety codes.
- Constructing walls, roofs and floors. Installing fire-stopping and worker-related safety devices and hardware.
- Building and maintaining fences or barriers to keep the general public safe from hazardous work areas.
- Completing required repairs and handling general deficiencies.
- Complying with Qualico’s Safety Program and relevant safety legislation. Immediately reporting incidents or near-miss incidents to the Site Superintendent.
- Ensuring ladders, scaffolds and other devices are properly certified and in good working order.
- Maintaining cleanliness of construction sites, organizing materials and disposing debris.
- Completing other tasks as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities.
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of carpentry experience.
- Knowledge of building codes and requirements as well as varying techniques for different construction processes and procedures.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check and driver’s abstract.
- Physically able to kneel and crouch as well as lift, carry, push or pull objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Physically able to carry out basic construction duties
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle is an asset, as transit is not easily accessible.
- Prior experience working in the Residential Construction industry is an asset.
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
- Cooperating with team members in an open, positive and respectful manner.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
- Taking responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and actions.
You primarily work on site during regular business hours. Work has exposure to noise from equipment/machinery and occupational hazards as well as dealing with inclement weather and dust. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Closing Date: July 5, 2021