IEC-BC supports registered employer partners by posting available jobs on our BC JobConnect blog. If you are an employer interested in posting a job in this space, feel free to reach out with relevant details at email@example.com.
If you are a BC JobConnect-registered jobseeker interested in this position or would like more information on the posting, including details about how to apply for the position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest and we will inform you of the relevant details.
StreetSide Developments is the multi-family division of Qualico and has developed apartment style, town home style, detached houses and luxury condominiums throughout Western Canada with projects ranging from innovative urban development to historic retrofits. StreetSide Developments operates in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
At StreetSide Developments, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program and employee home purchase program.
Reporting to the Director, Construction, as the Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QAQC) Technician you will conduct home inspections for homeowner possessions. You also provide written reports and proofs for quality assurance.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Conducting QAQC walkthroughs to inspect homes and producing deficiency lists.
- Repairing and reporting common deficiencies to management.
- Staying current on warranty and product information to support Homeowner walkthroughs.
- Support Homeowner Care department with walkthroughs and key possessions as required
- Supporting Construction department through the construction process by providing consistent level of quality across all projects.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- Mindful; you respect diversity and deal with sensitive situations in high standards of integrity.
- Excellent service oriented; you handle relations with customers, internal and external parties with tact and diplomacy.
- A creative problem solver; you think outside the box for solutions without fear of failure.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of customer service experience in the Construction industry is required.
- On-the-tools experience for repairing deficiencies is required.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
- Comfortable using office equipment and Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Taking responsibility for the outcome of decisions and actions.
- Cooperating with team members in an open, supportive and respectful manner.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
- Consistently meeting customer expectations.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
You primarily work on site during business hours with travel to sites be required on a frequent basis. Work outside of normal business hours in event of an emergency, on call or overtime may occasionally be required.
Closing Date: July 6, 2021