IEC-BC is pleased to support employer partners registered on BC JobConnect by posting available jobs on our BC JobConnect blog. If you are an employer or represent an employer interested in posting a job in this space, feel free to reach out with relevant details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a BC JobConnect-registered jobseeker interested in this position or would like more information on the posting, including details about the employer, please send an email to email@example.com indicating your interest and we will inform you of the relevant details.
An employer partner is searching for a Payroll Administrator to join their Vancouver team. Reporting to the Payroll and Benefits Manager, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of the hourly non-union payroll, as well as administration of employee group benefit plans. Working primarily with the Finance group, the position is responsible for the performance of a broad range of duties including but not limited to full cycle payroll processing; benefit administration; general ledger reconciliation; hire/term processing; timesheet entry/verification; employee inquiry assistance and other tasks.
*This position is currently working from home and will be re-evaluated at a later date*
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm (occasional overtime may be required)
- Process in-house bi-weekly payroll for non-union hourly employee’s, reconcile and ensure accuracy.
- Create required internal reports from the payroll system.
- Create and maintain employee payroll records for all hourly employees.
- Reconcile payroll to ensure all payments are made as scheduled to relevant 3rd parties.
- Respond to employee and government agency inquiries in regard to payroll.
- Assist in year-end processes such as T4s and various provincial WCB reporting.
- Able to resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information using sound judgement and understanding of payroll processes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- CPA certification PCP (Payroll Compliance Practitioner) or working towards.
- 2-5+ years of payroll administrator experience.
- Experience with Construction industry and Avanti payroll software payroll an asset.
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office desktop application skills required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with multiple provinces.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive employee information.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal).
- Ability to follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
- Ability to work independently and a self-starter.
- Must have high attention to detail.