IEC-BC is pleased to support employer partners registered on BC JobConnect by posting available jobs on our BC JobConnect blog. If you are an employer interested in posting a job in this space, feel free to reach out with relevant details at email@example.com.
Light Manufacturing Worker
Merit Kitchens is growing and hiring people interested in learning and developing their career in a light, wood finishing manufacturing company. Successful candidates will be trained in 3 entry level roles in Assembly, Dovetail Fabrication, and Paint Shop Finishing. Duties being trained for include:
- Reading and understanding work orders and other production paperwork
- Daily preventive maintenance of tool, work area, and equipment
- Understanding the metric system
- Finishing department includes loading/unloading parts on finishing line, sanding in preparation for stain
- Fabrication department includes dovetail and operating machines such as panel and chop saw
- Assembly department includes assembling prefabricated parts on an assembly line, or at work benches using screw guns, staple guns, operating clamp machine, and other hand tools to assemble and secure parts
- Other duties as required
Skills and Requirements
- Physically fit, able to stand for extended periods, bend, lift (occasionally up to 50 lbs.)
- Good hand/eye coordination and a strong interest in learning manufacturing skills
- English comprehension skills for learning and safety
- Time management, prioritization skills, and attention to detail
Starting wage: $15.00 hour.
If you are a BC JobConnect-registered jobseeker interested in this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest as soon as possible, and we will inform you of the relevant application details.