IEC-BC is pleased to support employer partners registered on BC JobConnect by posting available jobs on our BC JobConnect blog. If you are an employer or represent an employer interested in posting a job in this space, feel free to reach out with relevant details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a BC JobConnect-registered jobseeker interested in this position or would like more information on the posting, including details about how to apply for the position, please send an email to email@example.com indicating your interest and we will inform you of the relevant details.
Foxridge Homes BC is an award-winning division of Qualico®, one of Western Canada’s largest fully integrated, privately owned real estate companies, with over 70 years of experience. Every year, more than 3,000 families across Canada choose Qualico as their homebuilder.
At Foxridge Homes, our focus is on building quality single family homes made possible by our talented team of experienced professionals, most of whom have been with the company for many years. This, coupled with our highly skilled long term trade partners who are all dedicated to offering thoughtfully designed plans, quality materials, and solid value contribute to building a great new single family home with more style, more choice and more value.
As Metro Vancouver’s largest and most trusted single family homebuilder, our communities can be found across the Lower Mainland including Coquitlam, Langley, and South Surrey. To learn more, click here.
At Foxridge Homes, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program, employee home purchase program and retail discounts.
Reporting to the Production Manager, as the Construction Labourer you will perform general labour activities and basic carpentry tasks on construction job sites. You also assist in ensuring cleanliness and organization of the construction site. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining cleanliness of construction sites. Ensuring proper disposal of waste and scrap materials.
- Collecting excess materials or supplies and transporting to storage facility. Maintaining organization of the storage facility.
- Loading and unloading construction materials, and preparing site for sub-trades including floor cleaning in preparation for flooring installation.
- Completing basic carpentry tasks, and supporting onsite team members or trades with construction activities.
- Complying with Qualico’s Safety Program and relevant safety legislation.
- Reporting incidents or near-miss incidents immediately to the Site Superintendent.
- Completing other tasks as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities.
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- Completion of middle school, must be able to read and write and perform basic math.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Attention to detail, good hand-eye coordination and situational awareness of the physical work environment.
- Physically able to kneel and crunch as well as lift, carry, push or pull objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check and driver’s abstract
- Minimum 6 months of construction-related experience is preferred.
- First aid training and certification level 2 is an asset.
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
- Cooperating with team members in an open, positive and respectful manner.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
- Taking responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and actions.
You primarily work on site during regular business hours. Work has exposure to noise from equipment/machinery and occupational hazards as well as dealing with inclement weather and dust. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reason to come to work every day.