IEC-BC is pleased to support employer partners registered on BC JobConnect by posting available jobs on our BC JobConnect blog. If you are an employer or represent an employer interested in posting a job in this space, feel free to reach out with relevant details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a BC JobConnect-registered jobseeker interested in this position or would like more information on the posting, including details about how to apply for the position, please send an email to email@example.com indicating your interest and we will inform you of the relevant details.
Status: Full-time and Part-time, Seasonal
Company: Consolidated Fruit Packers, a division of Star Produce Ltd.
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
Wage: $15.70-17.00/hour, plus productivity bonus
Consolidated Fruit Packers (CFP) has been a leader in the Canadian fresh fruit industry since 1993. Supplying premium Okanagan valley apples, cherries, blueberries, and more to satisfied consumers. With over 60 years of combined experience and the backing of The Star Group, CFP is bringing new varieties and fresh approaches to meet the needs of our customers worldwide.
Our Osoyoos packing facility receives fruit (including cherries, stone fruit, pears, and apples) in bulk from Okanagan-based growers and we sort it for quality and size before packaging it for shipment to our domestic and international customers. Quality production line work, including making boxes, sorting, and packing fruit is vital in ensuring the quality of produce for our customer.
- Examine fruit by hand and/or with machines, according to size, colour, and grade, to ensure quality specifications are met
- Remove defective fruit, report quality and/or maintenance issues to Production Lead or Production Supervisor, and place it in specified area(s)
- Examine containers to ensure packaging specifications are met
- Measure, weigh, and/or count fruit and place it into packaging container, by hand and/or using machines such as spouts and/or chutes
- Assemble packaging containers by hand and line containers with paper, cardboard, prepared padding, trays, and/or separators
- Report quality, maintenance, and safety issues to Manager or Supervisor
- Maintain a clean work environment, during and at the end of the shift, using brooms, mops, cleaning wipes
- Completion of other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills We Look For
|Communication (Basic English: verbal, written, listening)||Quality Orientation|
|Recognize differences or similarities in products||Safety Awareness|
|Basic mathematical skills||Adaptability|
|Attention to Detail||Teamwork|
What We Offer You
|Respect for People||Diverse Workforce|
|Team Atmosphere||Quality Leadership|
|Competitive Wages||Productivity Bonus|
|Paid Training||Customer & Grower Focus|
Work is mainly conducted indoors in a fruit processing plant environment and can be subject to extreme temperature conditions. This position may be required to work on weekends. Positions are seasonal, with limited days off and extended hours as necessary through peak months (i.e. June through October).
- Prolonged periods of standing
- Ability to quickly grasp, manipulate, move, and assemble objects
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 25 kilograms (50 pounds)
- Frequent walking
- Occasional handling and use of cleaning tools