IEC-BC is pleased to support employer partners registered on BC JobConnect by posting available jobs on our BC JobConnect blog. If you are an employer or represent an employer interested in posting a job in this space, feel free to reach out with relevant details at email@example.com.
If you are a BC JobConnect-registered jobseeker interested in this position or would like more information on the posting, including details about how to apply for the position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest and we will inform you of the relevant details.
Job Title: Office Support Clerk II (Internal Temp Pool)
Requisition ID: 31252
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
We are currently accepting applications from qualified individuals available for on-call and temporary administrative positions that occur because of illness, vacation, or special workload needs at various City worksites. These on-call and temporary assignments vary in length. Duties may include word processing, data entry, customer service, cashiering, calendar management, and other administrative functions. Applicants must have a reasonable amount of availability and must be willing to travel to sites such as Manitoba Yard and Kent Yard for assignments.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 supplemented by business-related courses and computer courses; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in an administrative role
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Experience with cashiering and customer service are an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Strong keyboarding skills (min 40/wpm)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP and mapping software is an asset
- Ability to learn and to adapt to new computer systems and technology
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal tactfully and effectively with the public and staff
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to varying assignments and to changing environments
Prescreened candidates will be required to pass the City’s standard tests in typing, Word, and Excel.
Business Unit/Department: Human Resources (1020)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: July, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-013: $23.44 to $27.45 per hour
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.